Pubished on - 2/15/2018 7:15:52 AM
Innovation and Development Manager vacancy
Innovation & Development Manager
- Organisation: Urachadh-Uibhist
- Salary: £35,000
- Status: Full time
- Closing: 19th February 2018
- Location: The Claddach Kirkibost Centre, Isle of North Uist
Urachadh Uibhist is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and creative Innovation & Development Manager, who will take the Centre on to the next phase in its development.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to live and work in a beautiful part of the Hebrides and play a pivotal role in the development of the Claddach Kirkibost Centre, which is a key hub for the island. In our small and close-knit community, successful outcomes from this role, strengthening and developing the Claddach Kirkibost Centre, will be truly transformational for the community as a whole.
The new role includes:
- Innovating new sustainable activities and projects to take place within the Centre, ensuring its present and future financial viability;
- Developing the existing activities within the Centre, which include a café, retail space, office, business and exhibition space, a hairdresser and a community gym;
- Managing admin and café staff, and enhancing the day-to-day operation of the Centre;
- Developing Hebridean Kitchen food production;
- Focusing on the needs of young people in particular, including developments in youth training and a soft play areas for young children;
- Focusing on the needs of older people, including developing appropriate new activities which help to combat social isolation.
- Developing and delivering a programme of cultural events during the summer.
The role involves reporting to the Urachadh Uibhist board and also adhering to the reporting requirements of the project funders.
Urachadh Uibhist (which means Revitalising Uist) was formed in 1995 and is run by a voluntary board. The management of the Claddach Kirkibost Centre for the benefit of the North Uist community is its main activity. The Centre is based in a former school building and has been extended and improved over the years, through successful funding bids to include the activities mentioned above. For a number of years a successful nursery was operated from the building, before this was relocated to the new North Uist Primary School in 2016, although still operated by UU.
For further information about this position, please download and complete the attached application form, which should be submitted with a covering letter. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com midnight on 19 February 2018. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 5 March 2018.
This project is part-financed by the European Community Outer Hebrides LEADER 2014-2020 Programme and the Scottish Government.